Every outdoor space looks boring without having some stylish furnishings. Furniture makes your place attractive and pleasing. For enhancing your outdoor spaces like gardens, lawns, patios, or even balconies we have a wide range of luxury outdoor furniture like sofas, chairs, chaise lounge or sofa bed, that is durable, waterproof, easy to clean, and also available in plenty of styles.
Patio Furniture adds an appealing look to your patios, making it the perfect place to sit and enjoy the fresh air. Several modular collections of Balcony, garden & patio furniture are available in a versatile variety of materials like aluminum, wrought iron, wood, plastic, or natural wicker furniture. But every piece of furniture irrespective of material needs some extra care and gentle repair if damaged.
This article will lead you to know about simple ways to care for and repair your outdoor furniture and make your outdoor spaces more elegant and appealing. Let’s start!
Outdoor Furniture Care Tips!
Investing in outdoor furniture is not an easy task, there are several features that you have to consider. You’ll definitely add a piece of fabulous-looking furniture set to make your garden and patios outstandingly amazing. But what’s more important is to keep these furnishings fresh & alive.
These high-quality furnishings require some extra care to stay elegant and graceful. Different types of furniture have different standards to keep clean. In short, the material of furniture determines the percentage of care that a furniture piece requires. Let’s check for different materials!!
Wood is the most commonly used material for outdoor furniture. Moreover, it is quite easy to keep clean and maintained. Let’s see how…
- Wipe out the normal dust & debris from the furniture using a soft nylon brush.
- Clean the overall furniture piece with a damp cloth or a sponge soaked in water or any household detergent.
- Move a microfibre cloth all over and allow the furniture to dry naturally.
Teak is another material for outdoor furniture. People love to have teak furniture on the lawn, garden, and patios. This material works better in indoor spaces but also looks fabulous in outdoor areas. This material quickly grabs dust. In order to keep it fresh, you have to clean it regularly. Here are the steps!
- Clean the teak furniture with a normal water-soaked cloth.
- Apply a regular sealer, just a thin coat at first
- Apply another coat after an hour & let it dry to use it again.
Metal is the most durable material for outdoor furniture. Until or unless it is not broken it is very much easy to keep clean. Check the steps to take care of metal furniture for an attractive and inviting look at your garden.
- You need to remove the cushion before you start cleaning the metallic frame of the furniture
- Use a garden hose to spray metal furniture pieces, it’ll wash away the regular dust & Debris from the pieces.
- Wipe out the furniture pieces with a cloth soaked in any detergent
- Repeat this cleaning twice to ensure that the spray is entirely off the furniture pieces.
- Use another cloth to move over the furniture and let it dry by cleaning all the particles.
Repair Tips For Outdoor Furniture
With excessive use, it’s quite possible that your outdoor furniture may get damaged. But it doesn’t mean that you opt for buying a new one. There are several simple tips & tricks that you can follow to smartly repair your furniture and make it exactly new. Here are a few easy tips to repair your outdoor furniture if damaged. Have a look!
- Assess the furniture for any kind of damage
- Fix Small breaks and cracks
- Consider Replacing parts that are not damaged much
- Repaint the furniture with different unique colors
- Set the saggy cushions
- Replace the fabric if needed
Whether indoor or outdoor, your furniture needs a lot of care to stay fresh and inviting. Outdoor furniture needs some extra changes as it has to bear a number of environmental factors and catches more dirt & debris.
Moreover, if any of your furniture pieces are damaged you are not supposed to get rid of them, there are several possible ways to recover your furniture if the damage is not so big. You can find the best furniture repairing services at Upholsterypro.ae. We have listed the best possible ways to care for and repair your outdoor furniture for long-lasting use. Follow the tips and let your furniture sparkle like a new one!